Sedgman values its people and recognises high performance. We want our employees to stay and grow with us. Our employee rewards package, Total Rewards, offers a holistic approach to employee satisfaction and focuses on the three key areas of remuneration, benefits and growth.
Specific benefits include:
- Market competitive remuneration
- Short and long term monetary incentive plans
- International mobility allowances
- Discounted health insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive superannuation.
Sedgman’s remuneration framework is based on the following philosophies:
- Our remuneration, benefits and rewards practices seek to be competitive and flexible within the markets we choose to operate.
- Individual contribution, competence and performance outcomes may influence the level of total remuneration, benefits and rewards offered.
- We strive for consistency in the application of our remuneration and benefits to ensures a fair and equitable policy which also rewards exceptional performance.
Reward and Recognition Programs
We reward our employees with financial and non-financial benefits, which are linked to their level of performance and benchmarked within the Company. For example, the monthly Go the Extra Mile (GEM) Award, the Spot Recognition Program and the Study Assistance Program.
Health and Wellbeing Initiatives
We promote a healthy and balanced lifestyle and encourage our people to achieve this by providing health kiosks, competitive private health insurance offers, free vaccination services, an Employee Assistance Program and wellbeing guidance. Our people are also encouraged to participate in sporting and fitness events, such as the Corporate Games, Corporate Rugby Tens and the Bridge to Brisbane fun run.
Targeted Training and Development Programs
We offer personal and professional career development opportunities to maximise our employees’ engagement and to promote long-term career progression that supports our business objectives. Sedgman provides development opportunities for employees of all experience levels in the business, from our graduates through to our trainees and our senior leaders.
With operations and projects spanning the globe, opportunities to work on international projects are available to employees who wish to extend their experience, subject to business needs.
Sedgman employees enjoy a vibrant work environment. This is encouraged by management who sponsor a range of employee social activities, including an active Social Club, family days and regular employee gatherings.