Sedgman's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Framework, COMPASS, is our direction to a workplace free from injury and harm. It brings together the following three elements into a single framework providing clear expectations to drive and support Sedgman’s culture of exceptional performance and continuous improvement in all that we do.
- Leadership – setting expectations.
- HSE Leadership Program
- HSE Personal Action Plan
- Behaviours – doing what is expected.
- HSE Golden Rules
- Behavoural Based Safety
- Systems – structured processes and tools.
- Integrated HSEQ Management Systems - Certified to AS/NZS and ISO standards
- Cintellate™ - HSE Management software
A proactive HSE culture is considered a fundamental business principle endorsed by the active involvement of Senior Management, supported by the empowerment of line supervision and legitimised by a culture of trust across the workforce and within the communities in which we operate.
We want to create a positive culture. Not just a ‘Safety Culture’ but a ‘Sedgman Culture’:
- Where strong and courageous leadership is common place
- Where personal responsibility and commitment is the norm
- Where the highest of standards, including HSE, are embedded in how we operate, make decisions, and interact with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and the community every day